Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Caramel Cat Cakes

Karma is a crazy thing. Tonight my husband came home with an All Clad saute pan and it is a beauty. Tomorrow he will return with a Le Creuset pan or two. These are pans that I have waited a long time for and now they are just rolling in the door. When you like to cook pans matter, and I like to cook. I passed this onto my daughter, who called earlier this evening and explained that a fiasco had transpired last night in her new East Village apartment. If I am correct, my 2 car garage is the same size as her new place. She, however, forges on. She is a Taurus, enough said. She discovered that her new oven could not accept 2 cupcake tins, nor could it support one sitting on the top burners, when they were placed there when the prior fact was discovered. I really think youth helps here, because at that point, when the second tin of cupcakes that would not fit in the oven turned over on the top burners, I would have grabbed my purse and cat and moved. She saved 4 cupcakes and poured the rest of the batter in a loaf cake pan. As she related this story to me, a picture formed in my mind. I only wish I could really draw.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

omg this is really cute. Sharon, did you draw that? IT'S SO CUTE. please do my caricature.

austin samsel said...

hi dolce mambo! i really liked this post, too. it's so sweet!

keep up the great work!