Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Earworms


So every once in awhile you get a song that runs through your mind, again, and again, and yet again. And then it goes away, or so one hopes. Well, for the last two weeks the theme from The Love Boat has been drifting in and out of my consciousness. At first it was annoying, then it felt like a cognitive itch, and then it went away. And now it's back and, interestingly enough, I am kinda grooving on it. For whatever reason, this is my new internal melody. Some of my readers may not be familiar with this TV series that came on the scene in 1977. The storyline was sketched against the backdrop of a cruise ship. One of the ships used for the series, the Island Princess, was the ship on which my cousin and her husband worked as nurse and doctor and, if family tales are correct, the character of the ship's doctor was crafted from his person. While one would think that references to The Love Boat at this point in time would be nil, as the series ended in 1986, yesterday, just to feed the worm I am certain, it was mentioned on Samantha Brown's travel show. Had I the technological savvy, I would here insert a video clip of the theme song that is on YouTube, but alas that will not be happening. Not that I didn't try, but that I did not succeed.


Other happy news is that the green light has been given for a dog to join the family. Whoop whoo! The cutest dog that I have seen is a new "designer" dog, which is a cross between a pug and chihuahua, and is know as a Chug. One of the conditions on adopting this cutie is that
there has to be another dog in the home. I do not know why but I am not going to push my luck and try to get two dogs.

There are also the brothers Crocker and Colby, who are a mix of Poodle and Maltese. They are soooooooooo adorable. However, I think the dog breed I am longing is a Papillon.

Bella, bella, bella.

No comments: