Thursday, July 30, 2009

Knitting

Some knitting tasks have been accomplished, such as blocking this latticework scarf and this pattern block scarf. This is the second pattern block scarf that I have made. The first one was knitted years ago from a pattern found in Patternworks and was promptly absconded by my daughter. When she saw the new one in the works she said it was about time she replaced the first. Fat chance.
The Black Widow, as I like to call Charlotte's Easy Lace Shawl by Fiber Trends, was originally started as a gift to give my daughter's violin teacher. When we discovered she was evil and vile, the project was put on hold for 10 years and was taken up anew this year. Each row consisted of thousands of stitches and I was happy when it ended. The final result did not look like the picture from the pattern. It was supposed to end up as a large triangle, no ruffle. I wanted the shawl to be deeper but no wider and if I continued to follow the pattern it would increase in width. So I ended it with 4 rows of SS. Perhaps that is what created the ruffle. I hope I can find somebody who likes this shawl, because I have spent a very long time creating it and I don't see myself wearing it. I am not a ruffle girl.
This last scarf is the Airy Scarf that is dotted with gold glass beads and sequins. It was a fun, fast knit. It will be an elegant touch for a chilly evening. Ciao.




No comments: