Saturday, August 8, 2009

Hot Time in the City

My husband and I went into NYC yesterday to visit our daughter. We all popped over to the MET, where outside I bought a nifty "pashmina" that I instantly lost. I am usually able to hold onto my things, particularly new things, so I was really bummed. However, some really good Karma is in store for the kind individual who returned it to the Information Desk.

The MET has opened up their new American Wing and I had not seen it. It is magnificent. There is much glass and light, and many period rooms, which seem to make the paintings, furniture and textiles come to life. We ended our visit with some Egyptian antiquities, and again the architectural elements of the room were as much art as the displays. Thanks to my daughter who explained to me how I can transfer photos from my camera phone for my blog. She is a beautiful genius.

We then schlepped across the city to meet our daughter's roommate (Mad) for dinner. This bright and lovely lass was waiting for us at Rosa Mexicano's with gifts. Mad is the Personal Assistant for Jim Serpico at Apostle Productions and brought us Rescue Me t-shirts. Thanks Mad! We love them. We are Rescue Me fans and therefore these shirts are much appreciated. Mad is a longtime friend who has been there for our daughter through thick and thin. She is a gem. The girls and my husband ordered an interesting dessert. Looks like summer!
After dinner we went back to their apartment, where we visited with their kitties, Josephine and Piepan. Piepan is my granddaughter and she showed me how bright she is and how ready for the upcoming school year. All in all it
was a super fun day.

No comments: